Tuesday, February 5, 2008

It's Super Tuesday


Just a little reminder of our responsibility as citizens of this great country...

"Now, I want to say to you, and I say it with a plea in my heart, get involved. Get involved on the side of righteousness and truth and decency and sobriety and virtue. You, and others like you, are the great hope of this world. . . .

The problem with most of us is that we are afraid. We want to do the right thing, but we are troubled by fears and the world drifts about us . . .

'Be not afraid, only believe.' I commend to you these wonderful words of the Lord as you think of your responsibilities and opportunities. "(Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley, 128–29)

I haven't posted anything political, but if you want to read what some other bloggers have said read Emily's erudition or Alice's antics. And here's a very professionally done commercial by 23 year old college student, Ryan Whitaker.

4 comments:

AJ said...

For some further info on the candidates, check out the link Alisa just posted on her blog. Very informative I thought (I directed her to it) and somewhat enlightening.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link...I love that!

Glad to see you encouraging voters...I am crossing my fingers as I watch the results tonight!

Lindsey Rose said...

hey friend, I love that quote. I was so happy to hear from you today too. We miss you guys and keep us updated on everything. I told Doug tonight that you called and he said he really wanted to talk to Glenn. So tell him hi and that Doug will call when he gets a minute.

Yomama said...

Oh, yeah... The trick now is to be not dismayed, God's still in charge. I confess I chose not to be a delegate in the state GOP convention when Romney suspended, because I had nothing to feel strongly about. But I will try to come to some kind of resolution by election time... Love you more, Yomama