Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Things I Like

Just thought I'd share a couple of things I like that you might not have heard of:

































This was an ad for this stuff in 1926. Don't you love it? "...makes washday easier on yourself." Fels naptha has been around forever. My mom used it a lot and I can't live without it. It is not in every store, check your regular old grocery store first. Wal-mart, Target, and Meijer didn't have it, so then I went to the grocery store. It is pretty cheap and one bar lasts forever. So why do I like it? It gets out poopy diaper mess like nothing else. I can't stand stained laundry so I am obsessive about getting the stains out. This stuff really works.




De-Solv-it



This is another item my parents have in their home and I love it. It smells like oranges (don't drink it though) and it gets those nasty sticky messes off of everything. You know how cds and dvds have that label stuff that won't come off? And labels have that sticky residue that lingers? Oh wait, that was redundant. Anyway, soak this stuff on the problem area and it will rub off easily. And your hands will smell good and not chemically burning. It is made of natural oils, so be prepared for the oiliness factor.

1 comment:

Alycia said...

These are some of my favorites too!! I just used some of the soap yesterday for one of Brenna's blow outs. I also LOVE Goo Gone - it's very simalar to De-Solv-it. I love how it gets grease out of anything.