Friday, April 10, 2009

Floating Cranes

So we made these origami cranes.


And we put them over the changing table. That one is looking at itself in the mirror.


And some are dangling over the crib.


Baby son likes them. I only wish I had thought to make them sooner. They are made of washi paper. Maybe it's more correct to say they are made of washi since it means Japanese paper. Anyway, I love the stuff. It's like paper made of fabric. I mean it's softer than paper so it's like fabric. It's pretty pricey so I'll use my supply slowly. I love origami!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Good idea, Shan. Very cute. I should do that for my little one-especially hanging some over the crib.

D/E G said...

Oh, such a good idea! All of my kids love origami (especially cranes, though none of them can make them yet), and that would have been a cute way to have a mobile or something for all of my babies! sigh :) Were did you find your washi paper?

Yomama said...

Oh, how I love it when my girls spontaneously do such elegant, fun things! Thanks for sharing these photos; even without the boys they are awesome! YOU are awesome!
Love y'all,
Yomama

AJ said...

This is a great idea. Maybe I'll have to find some cool paper that matches the kids room and put some in their room. They would both love it. Big huge ones would be really cool. Hmm, now you've got me thinking.