Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Fresh New Blanket




The above pictures were taken this morning here in the midwest. I don't think the ruler is the most accurate measuring tool, do you? I'm pretty sure this was more than a mere inch and a half, it snowed all night long! Do you want to know a secret? Click on the first picture above and blow it up. You'll see the cool effects that you can't see at first glance. I love playing with photos. It makes me feel like I can take good ones, even if I don't know what I'm doing.

The following pictures are from a big storm in Utah on Valentine's Day. It snowed all night there. It looks like there was over a foot. I don't get it. Utah does have the greatest snow on earth right?! Either way it's beautiful!




8 comments:

Alisa Frakes said...

Is that first picture a real picture you took that you just played around with? That's awesome! And inch and a half huh? Are you sure it was snowing that night and not just blowing?

AJ said...

Do you have photoshop or does your camera do those cool things? The second two made me feel like I was in a snow globe.

Unknown said...

WOW! I haven't seen that much snow in a very long time!

D/E G said...

Beautiful pics! I know it should make me wish we lived somewhere snowy, but sorry, no! :) I'll have to try these recipes sometime!

Ader Family said...

i love the second one...great pics

Alisa F. said...

Em, it shouldn't make you wish you lived somewhere snowy - it should make you grateful for where you are!!! :) And that you can just visit horrid places with lots of snow.

Yomama said...

Okay, enough disparing talk of the snow, already... It's beautiful, it's .. it's ... it's -- okay, it's beautiful when it falls and right after, and it's cold and most everyone is sick of it. As I write there is a wimpy attempt going on outside to give us some; this year has NOT been the snow year we needed. So complain if you must, but be grateful for the water you'll have later. I'm changing my prayers to rain...
Hugs, Yomama

Lindsey Rose said...

These pictures are beautiful! Wow snow like that is hard to come by. You are a fantastic photographer, way to go! Also thanks for calling yesterday. We miss you!