I have to preface this post with the fact that Diana tagged me and though I am anti doing everything the same as everyone else, I realized I have a blog don't I? Ha ha. Then I realized it could be fun and someone might learn something fun about me/us.
How did you meet your spouse?
We lived near each other at BYU, same ward, same Family Home Evening group, so we had a lot of contact. Plus, he was friends with my roommates so he was over a lot, but we didn't really talk much until he showed interest and my roommates were pushing the idea that he liked me. It went like this:"He really likes you." "Who, Glenn? Nah."
Where did you go on your first date?
That's kind of hard to say. Which first date? The last minute double date? Or the time we went to the mall, a movie, dinner and a walk in the park. He would say the first date was to a Japanese restaurant and concert at BYU where we doubled with a mutual friend. He tried to hold my hand!! Funny story.....
How long have you been together?
Um, I'm not quick with numbers. Married four years in May, plus 5 month engagement, plus dating 4 months before engagement, that makes it almost 4 years 9 months.
Who eats more?
He does easily. But I eat more frequently, so at least I can say somehow I eat "more."
Who said I love you first?
He did. And then there were fireworks. No joke. We were outside near our apartment in a favorite (secret) spot. Someone let off an M-80 firecracker or something in a parking lot or street nearby right after he said it. It was hilarious. And he said it was unorchestrated.
Who is taller?
He is by almost a foot. That's not hard to do if you know me.
Who sings better?
He makes up songs better. We both can stay on key!
He is by a long shot. He is good at the things I struggle in, so that automatically makes him smarter to me. Did you know he was Valedictorian of his high school graduating class?
Who does the laundry?
Xander and I load it into the machines. We all fold it and put it away. It's a great system.
Who does the dishes?
Generally speaking, I load and he unloads. Sometimes the reverse is true, but once again it's a great system. He really helps a lot.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
When you're looking at the bed, I do.
Who pays the bills?
I do.
Who mows the lawn?
Um, our buddy Luis, the maintenance man. It's great!
Who cooks dinner?
I do. He eats everything and always says thank you.
Who drives when you are together?
He almost always does. It works better that way.
Who is more stubborn?
It depends.
Who is the first to admit when they’re wrong?
I would love to say it's me, but often he is.
Whose parents do you see the most?
It's about the same these days.
Who kissed who first?
He kissed me first.
Who proposed?
He did, of course. On a cliff overlooking a beautiful canyon, on a very windy day. He jokes that he planned it there so I had to decide between him or jumping!!
Who is more sensitive?
I am. Just ask him.
Who has more friends?
I email and talk to more people, so I guess I do.
Who has more siblings?
I do. By one.
Who wears the pants in the family? That's a silly question. We don't wear pants! Just kidding. I don' t think one person does, we discuss and decide everything together.
I'm not going to tag anyone. If you feel like writing about your spouse, go for it. It really does make you realize why you love him/her so much!
3 comments:
Ha ha. That was great. Shan, you were so oblivious to Glenn's liking you at first. I knew within the first 10 minutes after meeting him (it helped that he said "hey, you guys should tease Shan about me"). Hmm... You guys have such a great, fun story. I love it!
This was fun to read. I enjoy the details; I'm haven't done one cuz I'm afraid to be too rambling and boring, but maybe if I can keep it light and fun like yours... I just have to get over the whole posting for too many eyes issue.
Hey shann! I found your blog on a link from Diana's blog. It's been a while! You look beautiful and happy. I went through some mission photos the other day was getting all nostalgic.
So, I was going do the "spouse tag" after I read yours, and wanted to put in some smart aleck answers. But then I decided not to. I've already made a mockery of too many tags, so I'd better give it a rest.
Take care. Behave yourself!
Post a Comment