I heard this song by Kellie Coffey (I was already a fan) on my friend's playlist and I wanted to see the video. I pulled it up on YouTube and now I'm thinking it was a big mistake! By the end of the song I was bawling! I was thinking about different people I know and how all of us are affected in so many ways by so many people. I know that's not very profound, but without getting too personal I think this song reaches out to the heartstrings of so many people. See what you think. Grab your tissues!
15 comments:
I totally bawled in this thanks for posting it.
That is beautiful! Thank you. It ALMOST makes me want to start trying for our second... Almost!
This is one of my favorite songs! (Not sure if you knew about Jason and I). It does a GREAT job of explaining how you really feel! It fit us to the "T". (What does that mean anyways. he he) Thanks for sharing this with others!!!
I had never heard the song before, but it definitely made me cry.
THis was great. Thanks for sharing. I had no ides the number of abortions taking place each year. That made me cringe. So sad.
It's a tear-jerking kind of song. I don't know if you know Emilie's friend Brenna (I think that's her name). She got pregnant last year and soon after found out that she had a devastating form of cancer. She put off the cancer treatments, and thus risked losing her own life, until after the baby was born. I have to admit that I would choose the same way, but it's a scenario that fits the title of this song well.
I couldn't get the video to work, so I just listened to the song and read the lyrics. Of course, like everyone else, I cried. I have a sister-in-law who has been trying to get pregnant for almost 3 years and it tears me apart every time I think about how much she wants that and for whatever reason, hasn't been able to start their family "like everyone else [she sees]." So yeah, that hit home for me. Plus, though we haven't been trying very long, every day I know I'm not pregnant makes me feel like this part of the song: "But all I want is a family
Like everyone else I see
And I won't understand it
If it's not meant to be"
Wow. Anyway, thanks for sharing. Sure love you and pray for you. :)
I needed a good, worthwhile cry today. Thank you, Shan.
Emmi
Okay, I got it to work. You weren't kidding. I shouldn't have listened to it at work because I couldn't stop crying (good thing people don't see me much at work - not sure how I would've explained that).
Beautiful, and sad. I often think of us having another baby but worry that it might take three years of trying like this one did. Then I think of my amazing sister-in-law who has had seven years of trying, one failed adoption attempt and two failed in-vetro attempts and feel grateful for having only three years of waiting and sadness.
Wow. That is a neat song. Neat is the only word I can think of. Being able to have children really is a blessing. I have friends that have a hard time, and of course you hear so many stories. This touches on everyone's challenges...so yeah, Wow.
I'm so sorry to say that I had forgotten about your personal blog! (I always check Xander's). It's been uplifting to get reacquainted with you--thanks. beautiful song.
ok so i watched this earlier and it totally affected me, but then i watched it again tonight with mom and i cried, of course. And here i thought i wasnt affected by it. wow i was wrong. THANK YOU SHANNIE!
i think this will help everyone who hears it. I love you
MEL
Oh, my - You know you got me where it counts... I keep encountering young girls at church who are pregnant and who I can't seem to influence in the right direction; and yesterday at the temple a lady told me about a young adult in the state who got an abortion. This was unbelievably potent for me. But thank you for sharing it. I'm actually going to see if I can get permission to use it in a fireside or other presentation. I sure love you! Yomama
P.S. I think I need to clarify for others who read your comments: As an LDSFamily Services volunteer, my job is to work with single pregnant women to try to help them make the best choice. Too, too often it just doesn't help, and it's always heartbreaking. This song puts the other face on the issue - complete with statistics. So that's why I hope to be able to use it. Hugs, Yomama
Post a Comment