Monday, March 31, 2008

Pure Yumminess!

Did you know that Hershey's made a St. Patrick's Day kiss? Well, it's creme de menthe wrapped in dark chocolate and it's to die for. It's different than the mint truffle kiss in the green/silver checked wrapper that comes out (I think) at Christmas. This one tastes very much like an Andes mint, melts in your mouth. Yum. Chocolate and mint were meant to be together. After all, February 19th is chocolate mint day. Can you say junior mints, peppermint patties, Andes mints, chocolate mint brownies, mint chocolate chip ice cream, mint hot chocolate? And now these. I don't always favor Hershey's combos in their special edition kisses, like the cherry cordial kiss, but this one is a winner. So, we bought these (on clearance of course since St. Paddy's day is over) and I thought they would be so good on a cookie... Like peanut butter blossoms. But peanut butter with mint, ew yuck. So we created creme de menthe blossoms and they were even better than peanut butter blossoms, and chocolate and peanut butter is a close contending combination. We just made chocolate chip cookie dough, left out the chocolate chips, and stuck the kiss on top after they baked. The kisses melt into a little pool if you put them on immediately!!

It's so hard to eat just one. Temptation.

5 comments:

AJ said...

Yum! I would probably have eaten half a dozen already. Those sound really good. I need to find some of those St. Patrick's day kisses. Yummy!

Unknown said...

Yum!

VTS said...

You've turned into quite the culinary artist! Do you measure the salt over the bowl you're preparing things in? I certainly hope not.

Remember our cornbread phase? I swear we made cornbread for lunch everyday. Am I remembering that wrong?

Some of my fondest mission memories are of you.

Unknown said...

mmmm..i wish you were here to share the yumminess.

I love your scratch off message...never seen one of those...fun!

Yomama said...

Shan, you make me smile - even without a yummy cookie to savor! Hugs, Yomam