Monday, March 31, 2008

What do you do when it's raining?

Make Kool-aid playdough of course! We used the watermelon cherry flavor and I was hoping for a bright red but it turned out very pink. It didn't matter, it smelled so good, I wanted to taste it. Xander did and obviously was disappointed. Maybe he remembers when we made edible playdough. That was fun too.
Here's the recipe in case you want to try playing with kool-aid instead of drinking it! Oops. I just realized we forgot the alum, is that something you all keep in your cupboard?

Kool-Aid Play Dough

You will love the smell of this play dough!

2 1/2 to 3 cups flour
2 cups boiling water with 1 pkg. Kool-aid (any flavor)
3 T vegetable oil
1/2 cup salt
1 T alum

Mix ingredients and knead with flour (may take up to 1 extra cup). Use more if the dough draws moisture in high humidity. Keeps well, has a nice fragrance and is very colorful and very flexible.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

HOw fun. I will give it a try!

The Hiller Family said...

Very fun! Does it stain their little hands or clothes?