
I saw something on Heidi's blog and Julie's that made me think that there are others like myself. And I've been meaning to send you more Leona! I really enjoy cooking, but I don't always enjoy figuring out what to make. And then I was flipping through a cookbook the other day and found this:
Meal -Planning Blues
Planning meals is an age-old chore, as a September 1923 Fruit, Garden and Home (BH&G's original name) article relates: "The regularity of three meals a day, year in and year out, is sufficiently appalling to give one a case of good, old-fashioned nerves. Meal planning becomes such a great, big, mountain high task that it is no small wonder our average housewife gets sick and tired of it." What to do? "The keynote of all successful meal planning is something new." That suggestion is as relevant today as it was in 1923.
Planning meals is an age-old chore, as a September 1923 Fruit, Garden and Home (BH&G's original name) article relates: "The regularity of three meals a day, year in and year out, is sufficiently appalling to give one a case of good, old-fashioned nerves. Meal planning becomes such a great, big, mountain high task that it is no small wonder our average housewife gets sick and tired of it." What to do? "The keynote of all successful meal planning is something new." That suggestion is as relevant today as it was in 1923.
So my suggestion is go check out one of these sites or another of the thousands out there and find something new. It takes time initially, but it sure helps those nerves!!!
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
http://southwickrecipes.blogspot.comhttp://gummierecipes.blogspot.com
http://www.thedailygreen.com/healthy-eating/recipes/?link=rel&dom=msn&src=syn&con=art&mag=tdg
http://recipesofmine.blogspot.com
http://simpledinners.blogspot.com
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking
http://www.sugardoodle.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=403
allrecipes.com
recipezaar.com
3 comments:
That is exactly how I feel. Its even worse being pregnant because I can't plan on that meal sounding or tasting good the day I planned it for...yesterday we bought a Stoffers lasanga to cook for dinner (we NEVER do that)...I was desperate. Thanks for the list. I always need an easy reference :)
I have some recipes that I think you would enjoy. I'll email some to you.
Awesome! Thanks. The recipesofmine blog belongs to my cousin Kim in FL! She is amazing and has done a cookbook for the Danielson Family! We're excited to get it! Happy cooking... I love to cook as well but it is less stressful when I don't have a toddler tugging at my shirt!
Post a Comment