Monday, July 7, 2008

Things I love about summer, Part 1

Strawberries were 50 cents per carton at the fresh market, so how could I resist? I did something domestic with them today...I made strawberry jam. It's freezer jam (the best in my opinion) and I can't wait to try it in 21 hours when it is completely set!

6 comments:

AJ said...

I always say that strawberries are such pretty fruit. There's the proof. And I am so jealous of your jam. I need cheap fruit!

Lindsey Rose said...

Welcome back! I hope you enjoyed the books! I too love strawberries and what a great deal. Freezer jam is my favorite!

D/E G said...

I also made freezer strawberry jam about a week ago. My kids were quite excited and even helped a bit while making it!

Lynn said...

Why wait 21 hours???? it's set enough to sneak a taste in 1 hour. (aunty D)

Yomama said...

Ooh, pretty... I hope strawberries aren't winding down, because we sure aren't through enjoying them. But I think AJ and I must live in the disadvantaged zone, because berries just don't get cheap here...Whine, whine, whine - we have other things to enjoy. Go ahead, AJ, rattle them off... ;-?
Hugs,
yomama

The Picketts said...

Would you be willing to share your recipe with me in your strawberry freezer jam? Can you email it to me at jasonanddiana@gmail.com - I have been looking for a good recipe and not sure which one to try!