HELP! One of our peace lily plants is really struggling and I'm not really sure what to do about it. In the past it has truly thrived. It's supposed to look like this:

But instead it looks like this:
Poor little plant. We give it water, sunlight, air, and love. What else does it need? By the looks of it there is too much or too little of one of these things going on. As a last resort we are going to re-pot it and hope that it will pull through. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated. Especially from the Gardening Girl, if you know anything about peace lilies!
6 comments:
I am not expert, but I think you may have overwatered and you may not have enough drip at the bottom.
Just a guess...my mom always uses good plant food that smells like fish and it works really good.
Don't know if you should try to repot when the plant is already so vulnerable.???
Last resort...get a fake plant.
Ummmm.... If someone gives me a plant it is destined to die within a matter of hours. I have no green thumb whatsoever. I just wanted to comment, because it gave me a laugh today! Good luck with it! :)
Shan,
I'd guess it's been overwatered. Hopefully you can heal it back to happiness. I really like succulent plants because they're super hardy, and if I underwater them, they still do fine.
Good luck!
hey shannon, russ(formerly a florist) asks if there is a drain hole in the bottom,smell the soil if its really stinky, its overwatered. if so you can never revive it, rotten roots. its hard to over water a spathiphilium(peace lily)
Wow - aren't you glad you have smart friends, since no one in the family gave advice (yet)? I liked how specific some of them were; when I have plant problems, I'll comment on YOUR blog! Love you - Yomama
I have the same plant - it is the MOODIEST plant I have ever owned! Seriously it is worse than a 12 yr old girl!
I keep it out of the sun and water it once a week and it's as happy as can be. it doesn't like the heat (I'm in AZ and when I go out of town and come back, it is a sad sad plant) so I just give him some water and he's right back up!) Good luck!!
PS I don't know if you remember me from Bismarck (I was a missionary) a LONG time ago! :)
Post a Comment