
photo from stock.xchng
I love every fruit I have ever tasted. I've not yet partaken of many exotic fruits, but I have to say that mango has become a fairly new love. I wasn't fond of it at first, but I love it now. Especially when it's really ripe, juicy, and sweet.
One of my favorite ways to use it is in mango sticky rice. I first tasted it at Thai Ruby, a restaurant near my apartment in college. It is the best dessert following a spicy, fragrant Thai dish!
Since we all love fruit in this house, we decided to find a new recipe that uses mangoes. This was actually a while ago that we made this, but it sounds so good right now. Too bad we don't have any mangoes and too bad it's way past my bedtime. Over at Slightly Indulgent Mondays you'll see more yumminess.
Give this one a shot. It's so easy.
Creamy Mango Sorbet
2 fresh mangoes -peeled, seeded,cubed
1/2 cup sugar (the original recipe called for 1 cup sugar, cream, and ice)
1/2 cup cream (or half & half or evap. milk)
1/2 cup ice
Puree all ingredients in blender until smooth.
Freeze in ice cream maker or place in plastic freezer bag and freeze. Check a couple of times an hour and squish and squeeze until it is frozen to desired consistency. The freezing process will take a few hours, but it's worth the wait.
1 comment:
I have always loved mangos and when I get really good, ripe mangoes I even eat the green skin. It's fabulous. If the mango isn't perfectly ripe the skin can be a little bitter.
Your sorbet recipe looks yummy. Thanks so much for participating in Slightly Indulgent Mondays!
Amy Green
Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free
Post a Comment