
I've never really been fond of getting my picture taken. Is it a girl thing? My hubby was taking the photos at this point and I just smirked. He said I wouldn't like the picture. He's always right.
But look at the pretty flowers, what a great background! And my sweater matches. And the lighting is great, but my expression...I wish I would have snatched the camera and hit the review button.Then I would have hit the delete button.
Then I would have convinced him to take one that I really, actually liked.
Right.
But the reason I'm posting a picture of myself is because this blogger suggested it. And I went along with it.
So, I'm not photogenic. What else do you want to know about me?
I'm also very critical about myself and a perfectionist, but I am not overly critical of others and I'm pretty easy going about a lot of things. I guess it's kind of a double standard isn't it?
I love avocados, almonds, smoothies, ice cream, hummus, sweet potatoes, sushi. And chocolate. And really anything sweet, but I try not to. I love food. I love to eat.
I love to play the piano. (I used to play, now I plunk keys with two little helpers :)
I like to plunk keys on the computer to open friendly emails, discover good finds and inspiring words.
I love to read and find myself pining for 3 more hours every day after the dishes and the laundry and the vacuuming and the meals are done and then I could read. Sigh.
I love being a Mom. It's the only consistent thing I wanted to be when I grew up. Other than that I wanted to be a nurse, a teacher, a musician, a chef.... I guess I kind of dabble at them all. Jane of all trades? Hardly!
I find myself in the kitchen (with baby underfoot) often throughout the day and it's not always intentional that I linger. I just really enjoy making things and I believe that things are healthier, cheaper and tastier when made from scratch. Bottom line.
I am starting to learn how to sew things without having to unpick everything I make and it's enjoyable. Miss Richmann from 9th grade sewing would be so proud.
To sum up, I enjoy creating. My best creations will always be my boys and the rest are secondary. Sometimes I have inner panic attacks that I'm going to mess them up or something, but I am eternally grateful that Heavenly Father has entrusted my husband and me with them.
Go check out the others who have borne their souls for you to read here.
6 comments:
We have so much in common...I think we would be good friends! :)
I think being a MOM covers everything else you wanted to be - teacher, chef, nurse, etc. =) Sometimes I stay up and read way too late and kick myself the next morning when I have to roll out of bed but I enjoy every minute of it.
Thanks for participating today! Especially on such a hard topic for most women.
I have double standards as well :)
And, when I get off of this computer, I'm going to read and the dishes will have to wait until morning. Some days are like that!
I'm glad you're learning to love sewing. It does get more fun after time....and I'm glad you know your 9th grade teacher would be proud! She WOULD!!!!
Nice post, Shan. I enjoyed it.
Great to learn more about you. I don't like to get my picture taken either. It took me forever to finally put an avatar up of myself! Thanks for stopping by . . . now will you let your husband cut your hair?
Post a Comment