
1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz.)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup water
3 1/2 cups flour (I use half white/half whole wheat)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Optional : 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pans. Mix dry ingredients together. In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, eggs, oil, applesauce, and water. Beat until smooth. Add in dry ingredients. Fill pans 2/3 full. Bake until toothpick comes out clean, depending on size of pan: regular bread pan-approx. 1 hr 10 min, mini-loaf pan -45 min., muffin pan-approx. 20-25 minutes. Cool for a few minutes and remove from pan (s). It makes 5 mini loaves or about 2 dozen regular sized muffins or 2 regular sized loaves.
*I have to put a qualifying statement that I like quick bread and muffins to generally be wholesome and not so sweet, so I cut back on the amount of sugar (represented in the above amounts, original recipe called for 2 1/2 cups) I like to eat them for breakfast and snacks and I have a hard time justifying cake that often!!
This recipe is linked to Tammy's In-Season Recipe Swap: Pumpkin.
No comments:
Post a Comment