Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Tribute-Till We Meet Again

I purposely waited to post anything about President Hinckley until I had read others' thoughts and feelings (of which there was a plethora in the blog world) and I wanted to hear and see what was said in his honor at his funeral yesterday. I was enamored by the words of those who knew and loved him so personally, especially President Monson, and when he said goodbye to his dear friend at the end, I wept a few tears for his loss and the members of the Church as a whole. I loved the music as well as the heartfelt prayers by his son and daughter. I wouldn't ordinarily say I enjoy funerals, but this was atypical and very uplifting. It was presented like a nice fireside or other common church gathering, and I don't say that to take away from grieving friends and family, because there is definite sadness and I will truly miss hearing his voice (which is why I shed a few tears while I watched this video). But like many others, I feel a definite peace with the life he lived, where he is now, and what he has left us -- a legacy never to be forgotten. I love the song by Josh Groban, "You Raise Me Up" and in many ways we can feel how a loving prophet, through his love and counsel, will raise us up to want to be better and feel closer to our Father in Heaven and His son, Jesus Christ. I hope you feel what a loving man and wonderful example he was and is for us. Even when people pass on we can't stop loving them or they us. I credit dugnkeri for the video/montage and thank you, Lannette for sharing this with me so I could share it with others.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a veer nice video. If you don't have a copy of his 95th birthday celebration you should get a copy. It is very good and uplifting. We went to his viewing on Friday. My mother-in-law said that he must have looked like a prince awaiting the resurrection, and he did.

Unknown said...

I love that tribute...I posted it too....President Hinckley really did raise us all up to a higher plane.

Glad to see you back.