
After reading Melissa's post about names I decided it was time to put it all on the line and open up the bloglines for input on a name for this baby. There are probably a lot of really good boy names out there, we just haven't figured it out yet and we need people like you to make us aware of them. Just so you know, we have been scouring the baby name books and websites and so far nothing is jumping out at us. There are not too many difficult stipulations, but there are definite parameters to work within, everyone has them. The name can't have anything to do with alcohol or anything similar....Samuel is out because Samuel Adamz is too close to the beer by the same name, different spelling.
Also, I have a first cousin named Samuel, so that makes it not once but twice knocked out of the running. And that's another stipulation, it can't be a name already used in the family, so Zachary, Grant, Benjamin, Reid, Charles, Gavin, Leif, Daniel, Eric, Micah, Asher, Gabriel, Nicholas... are all out. You get the idea. We can't purposely double up on a name if somebody else is already named it. Also, I want it to sound good with Xander/Alexander and with the last name Adamz. Easy to pronounce, easy to spell, aren't most boy names??? Those are probably obvious, but not everything is. Traditional and common are okay, contrary to what indications we may have previously given. And it needs to be strictly boy. We aren't really into the ones that you don't really know for sure when you first hear it if it's a boy or a girl. That works for some people, not us. It doesn't matter how many syllables because we'll probably end up shortening it anyway. And if all else fails we'll go with Xander's latest choice, "Mater." You know like Mater, the hick tow truck from Disney's Cars. Yikes. Where did he come up with that one?

So go ahead and unload. Don't tell me the name you have wanted to name your firstborn son since you were six years old (and you haven't had that son yet). I just want to hear what other people have to say about boy names.
Thanks!
17 comments:
Jared, Abner, Terry, Monroe, Philip, Liam, and my favorite, Hezekiah (Zek).
Sincerely,
Darren
PS. Four of those were serious, but you'll never know which.
Jonathan, Michael, Hyrum(not sure if I like that with Adamz, but if you do its a good name), Jacob, Josiah, Ezekiel, Henry, Fred, George, Stewart, Robert, Richard.
Sorry those started to get really random, I just started listing ones I thought of. Some weren't as serious as others obviously.
I love the names Anderson, Coleman, Taggart, and Talmadge. Just some ideas!
Charlie agrees with Xander! He would also suggest Ramone, Guido, Luigi, Fillmore, Chick, Li-Queen (His pronunciation of the Red Racecar), or Doc. But your boy is not hispanic, Italian, or racecar so those names aren't likely to fit. Emilie just received an epiphany that Stanley Adamz has a nice ring to it, but if you use it you have to pay us royalties each time you call his name. :) Some that were on our list, but have since decided against are: Beckett, Brock, Austin, Curtis, Carson, Parker, Preston, or Toby (but that one was crossed off pretty early by Dad, so just to warn ya). Hope some of those help. We agree with you that boy names are really hard. That is why I didn't name any that we are still thinkin of, just in case. :)
Yikes! We had a hard enough time coming up with a girl name!! I'm glad Brenna was a girl because we NEVER found a boy name that both of us liked. Seriously, good luck because I have no suggestions. :(
I love the name Landon. I'm not sure I want you to use it though. Just in case... :) Ha! I also love the name Zeke. Cole was almost a Zeke. I like Elijah "Eli" but Jonas hated it. Sigh.... I know it's hard... Just wait till the 3rd boy. Jonas thinks you should name him after him.... :) Ha Ha!
I think that you need to definitely take Xander's suggestion and use Tom as the first name and Mater as the middle name. or Fred. It soundsgood. Xander Mander and Mater Gator. By the way Fred may be worth some money.
Dad
Shannon I am totally with you on this one - I am having the HARDEST time coming up with a boy name. It's not like there's not a lot of nice names out there - in fact I think a lot better names than girls - but coming up with one that "sticks out" is tricky. Good luck. I wish I could give you some of my top 10 but I might use one of them. Not like it would matter if our boys had the same name, but you know what I mean.
I do like these names but Trent doesn't...
Luke, Seth, Emmett (which I think would be soooo cute - Emmett Adamz!) and Owen.
I can't remember your maiden name Shannon, but I think you should use it.
I'm in the same boat as you trying to come up with a boy name. Sorry, I won't be of any help to you. But, I wish you luck!
Shan! You must be amazing, because you got DAD to post a comment on a blog!!! Wow!
And Alice, I don't think her maiden name would be such a happy name for a teenage boy - it was Cox. :D
Nate and I have a total of ONE boy name we have agreed on (though we don't talk about it much) so I'm definitely not telling you that.
I used to really like Ethan, but it's so common right now I didn't want that. Plus Ethan Adamz for some reason reminds me of Ethan Allen. I like really traditional names like Jacob, Stephen, etc.
PS, I'm coming back to this post when I get pregnant with a boy. So many choices! :)
Since we couldn't even figure things out w/ our third boy and had to change his name on the hospital info and we still couldn't figure out why we would give him that name, I don't feel like I can confidently give any suggestions. I'm sure you'll come up with something great! I too am impressed that you got Dad to comment! I think he is desperate for a Fred.:)
Boys names are SO HARD!! Here's a list of our nephews and men in our branch. :) Good place to start, right? Best of luck and I hope you find something:
Bronson, Brody, Nicholas, Parker, Payson, Caven, Caleb, Clint, Kent, Darrin, Dallin, Tanner, Connel, Callin, Austin, Caleb, Kegan, Tegan, Bryson, Kimball, McKay, Elijah, Derek, Lucas, Preston, Tyson, Alister, Cameron, Tyler, Blaine, Arnold.. and of course my two favorites: Hayden & Henry!! :)
A fun website for you: http://www.selectsmart.com/NAMES/
OH, and here are a couple of other suggestions that I like... and some I am joking. :)
Sebastian, Jamyson, Oliver, Maximilion, Willibee, Zachariah, and Harrison.
Yeah, I can't vote for Cox like Alice did, but we think Amos is a great name! I like Saul too!
hey shannon i heard an interesting name the other day...zaren, it kinda has to grow on ya.
I like Zachariah, it goes well with Xander and Adamz. auntie D
Here are a few family names unused so far...Devere, Lane (that was Devere's middle name) Leonard..That's one you could play with! Leo..Onard...or spell it backwards and you've got Dranoel! :) Dran Oel Adams....okay, I'll go to bed now. Leif went for an entire month without a name. And Sam wishes I'd named him my first choice, Nels Age'(pronouced Auggie). But Sam does have ancestors with that same name.
Post a Comment